12 January 2009

Journal Entry #2

Today I’m pretty much making mental pro/con lists regarding both of my possible topics. I’m realizing that one of the most difficult things with the TZ one is including the recent Bhutanese events in my analysis of a different third world country, Tanzania. Do I compare the two countries’ situations? Do I include the modernization of Bhutan (and its solution of GNH) at all? Also, how do I include experiences from my time over there without making it personal? I think I have the means to find a lot of support for my paper in Tanzania, with connections in a seriously small village and a sister to serve as my Swahili/English translator, if necessary. However, regardless of roadblocks, this topic holds more connection to my own life than the suburb idea.

But...the suburb idea is still in the running. We'll see...I like how either involves a good bit of interviewing.

0 comments: